About humorous edits and pictures (for Micah)

Open discussion for all registered members.

About humorous edits and pictures (for Micah)

Postby Kazim » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:39 pm

Micah, I appreciate the zeal with which you're coming up with creative images to complement the articles, so please don't take this the wrong way. But I talked with Matt last night, and we agreed that we aren't looking for "silly" pictures to highlight the articles.

The picture on "Genesis" is great. A picture of costumed Star Wars geeks next to "polygamy" would be... well, just not in keeping with the tone of the Wiki.

Don't get me wrong, we all appreciate a good joke, which is why when the Wiki first started, I added a picture of the Soup Nazi next to Ray Comfort, and I put a stub article for "Jesus" that said "Born of a virgin, miracles, rose from the dead, yada yada yada..."

But as the wiki evolved, we deleted those things. We're trying to present a site that's fun to read, but ultimately we also want it to contain serious presentations that challenge readers to think about the topics. Having a "punny" image at the top of the page would distract from the main points in the articles.
If you did not like the writing style in this message, then you will certainly not enjoy my blog, which is at:
http://kazimskorner.blogspot.com/
Kazim
Iron Chariots Admin

Postby Micah » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:32 pm

Just let me see if I understand, you would like serious imagery that would compliment the the content of the wiki. So, in general the imagery should fit the content and not distract the reader from the content.

I will keep your constructive criticism in mind in my future submissions. Thank you.
Micah

Postby Kazim » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:46 pm

Micah wrote:Just let me see if I understand, you would like serious imagery that would compliment the the content of the wiki. So, in general the imagery should fit the content and not distract the reader from the content.

I will keep your constructive criticism in mind in my future submissions. Thank you.

You got it. Thanks, Micah!

You'll notice I left the "cherry picking" picture up; I only removed the caption because it wasn't relevant to the article itself.
If you did not like the writing style in this message, then you will certainly not enjoy my blog, which is at:
http://kazimskorner.blogspot.com/
Kazim
Iron Chariots Admin

Postby Kathy_4 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:57 am

Aww. :P Don't we all just love negotiations?
Kathy_4

Return to General Discussion